Sunday, January 20, 2008

Rabbit Surgery

UGGGG!!!! Our rabbit had been growing this THING on the side of his face for a few weeks now, it was about the size of a golf ball and a half. His eye got swollen closed and we were afraid that we would have to put him down. But he scratched at it today, popped a hole in the THING and it started to ooze and gush and be ABSOLUTELY disgusting! It seemed to take for ever to drain out, even with us helping it along. My sister was hiding in the room and my mom hid herself in the kitchen, so it was only me and my dad to help him. I almost puked. Even now, hours later, the mere thought of it makes me gag. I am chewing gum right now so that is helping settle my stomach. At least the rabbit seems happier and more lively.

3 comments:

Nancy H. said...

Don't forget I was the one that gave you the gum. Glad I could be of some comfort.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a nasty Absess...They are really nasty, smell foul, ooze nasty stuff...and happen often in small pets like rabbits and stuff. Keep an eye on it and if it doesn't heal or starts to get infected take him to the vet for some antibiotics :)just be sure to keep it clean with mild soap and water.

Kristen said...

groooossssss