Friday, February 27, 2009

Rain again

This last weekend, my friends and I were planning on going down to Meghan's house and help around the place. Her mother was at a Quilt Show, and Meghan needed to watch the dog anyway, so we planned on keeping her company. We left Friday night, after another friend's wedding. The wedding was nice, small, but fun. And I have pictures of Meghan looking pretty, unfortunatly, not digital ones. Anyway, we went down, it was dark, a little cold and wet, got the fire going (me the pyro) scared a bear, it scared me, fun stuff like that.

The next morning we gathered up some gardening tools and started working on the fruit trees in the back yard. They had little sucker trees growing and we had to get rid of them, Meghan and Susan mainly worked on the cutting and hauling of the sucker limbs, while I focused on one apple tree, then the blackberry bushes. We worked 4 hours straight on those trees, I got two prickly tumble weeds of blackberry bushes as big as me cut out. (Tumble weeds because I rolled the piles of cut vines with a rake into the burn pile) Only an hour after we took a break it started raining. And it didn't stop all weekend...I think it continued to Tuesday.

We all felt good about ourselves, getting it all cleaned up. We are planning on reviving the garden area too this year, and watering the trees so we get lots of good apples (Sue's apples are the BEST ever!! If you can get through the blackberry bushes to get to the tree ^_^) I even brought down a load of wood for her, she was almost out, so she should have wood for a week or two until someone gives her some. (They always do that) The rain kinda put a halt to our yard work for that weekend, and it looks like it is going to rain all this weekend too, but at least we got stuff done before it got bad, and, there is always the basement to clean out. *shudder*

No comments: